Profile of Philip Landau
Philip Landau is the founder member of Landau Law Solicitors, and one of the best known and highest profile employment lawyers in the UK.
Philip is a specialist employment lawyer who has been qualified for over 30 years. He acts for employees and senior executives, both in the City and throughout the UK in all industry sectors. He also acts for many high profile and well known individuals in relation to their employment law issues, which include celebrities, COO’s, CFO’s and CEO’s.
Philip has written extensively as an employment law expert in the The Guardian, and is also asked to appear very regularly as an expert by other well known media. This includes the BBC, ITV, Sky News, and both national and local radio stations. Philip’s regular radio station appearances include BBC Radio 4, LBC News Radio, Radio London, Radio 5 Live, and Talk Radio. He has also been asked to provide an expert opinion to the BBC, ITN and Channel 4 on relevant employment law in their news investigations against employers.
Philip is also quoted in national newspapers together with leading legal, financial and media websites which include The Sunday Times, ITV News, The Independent, ACAS, the Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, The Telegraph, Bloomberg, CNN and Personnel Today. He has further been interviewed by international radio and TV in respect of UK employment law matters, and has provided employment law advice to members of The Institute of Leadership and Management which is the UK’s largest management body.
In addition, Philip has been regularly invited to be guest speaker and panel member at employment law conferences, including the Westminster Employment Forum. He has also spoken at the Institute of Directors, and been invited to speak at conferences arranged by FTSE 100 companies for the benefit of their staff.
Philip has furthermore provided video podcasts to members of professional bodies in relation to their rights and has been asked to provide guest commentaries for the major UK legal resource provider, Lexis Nexis.
Philip advises on all areas of employment law including constructive dismissal, bullying and harassment , redundancy, bonus issues, unfair dismissal, performance improvement plans, breach of contract, restrictive covenants, contracts of employment, whistleblowing, gross misconduct, discrimination and sexual harassment. This includes negotiating and advising on new service agreements of employees, senior executives and CEO’s.
A large part of Philip’s expertise and reputation is in relation to negotiating favourable settlements following a dispute with employers- whilst at the same time preserving amicability between the parties. It is, after all, in both parties interest and desire to reach such a resolution where this is possible. He has negotiated thousands of such settlements with employers throughout the UK with very high degrees of success. He has also advised extensively on settlement agreements which is the document setting out the agreed terms.
Philip is passionate about supporting and advising individuals who are in desperate need of help about their employment situation, and is fully understanding of the predicament they are in.
Philip qualified as a solicitor in 1990, and is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association. He is also on the talent pool list of public appointments from the Ministry of Justice.
Here are just a few of the significant positive comments and reviews which have been received, and continue to be received on an almost daily basis :
- Philip was the consummate professional, knowledgeable, helpful, conscientious and tenacious. From the outset his calm and reassuring manner helped me immensely. I would recommend Philip & the Landau Law team without hesitation.
- As a returning client of Philip Landau, he has never failed to provide me with an impeccably efficient and friendly guidance through the whole process, explaining all the intricacies and safeguarding my interest. Great experience and highly recommended!
- Philip, I want to thank you for your phone call earlier today. You were kind, attentive and very helpful. Especially considering that you offered that advice for free and it was apparent early in the call that I couldn’t negotiate a settlement. You helped improve my emotional well being, set me forward on a positive path for my future career and helped me action points which allowed me to be more at peace with the situation.
- Philip and his team provided outstanding support to me on a complex case against one of the largest, global financial institutions. Communications throughout were excellent and a very successful outcome was achieved. Philip is a credit to the industry.
- The way you have handled the situation has helped me to restore my faith in the legal profession when I had begun to feel that law and justice weren’t necessarily the same thing.
- The expertise, empathy and patient understanding of Philip and the team at Landau law was first rate. They explained the nuances of a complex situation in easily understandable layman’s terms, gave balanced and impartial advice and helped me navigate through a potentially stressful situation with care and attention and answered all of my questions promptly and fully. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anybody.
- Philip and his team provided a first class professional service from start to finish and very good value for money too. I expected sound knowledge of the relevant law and I was not disappointed but he and his team also have excellent, proactive communication skills which are not always there with businesses.